Saturday, August 18, 2012

Canoe Trip: Indian Arm

So when I first met my dear husband, I went up the indian arm with some other friends without him. Since then He has commented on how he wants to do the trip. So with a free weekend, and our canoe, we decided to make it happen! 



We left friday afternoon from Belcarra Park









Granite Falls





We ran into my Maid of Honour on Day 2 at Granite Falls



We stopped by Silver Falls on the way home to take a picture

The same spot Paul proposed a year and a half ago

Baby seal nursing, an awesome ending to our trip!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Looks like a perfect summer day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm planning to do the same(ish) paddle next week in a canoe going from Deep Cove to Granite Falls. I'm just hoping you can give some more info on how long it took you, if it was an easy paddle etc. I've never been canoeing before and I'm finding it hard to get any info online. I'm scared the distance might be too long to do in one day, or that we might get stuck on the water or something! Would be great if you could email me to help me to silences my fears! (mrdanbaird@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep cove to granite falls is about 4 hours with no wind (easy paddling). The biggest factor is the wind which is always worse in the afternoon, so go early in the day if you can. There are 2 stretches that you dont want to be on if it is windy, so time accordingly, they are right when you leave deep cove and then the open stretch before croker island (the big island if you look at a map). Coming back you are going against current, so if you hit wind coming back thats when it will be the roughest so add at least a hour and expect hard paddling if you are going to run into wind on the way back. Its really a lovely trip though and everyone should do it, its not difficult.

    ReplyDelete