Saturday, May 28, 2011

1 year ago to 1 year from now

As i had quite a bit of time to myself today, i took a moment to think (i know what a novel idea!) and it struck me as to how much next year will look different from last year. I knew i was in a year of transition, but even this week lends greatly to the distinctions...

 Last year the last week of my i was in Baja...a place i called home for five years of my life.....a dusty little town in the middle of nowhere mexico...lets just let you in a sneak peak of la colonia





This place has been key in forming who i am and what i value, i will always love everything about it. I am saddend that i dont have the opportunity to visit this year, and possibly not next.....but God has always provided me the time and the means to get back there when ive needed to be, and will make a way the next time he wants me there.

Next time this year.... i will be here:

on the carnival liberty! Very excited for this trip, and to start my life with Paul in such an exciting way, but cant help but feel a little wierd, when im more accustomed to going to poor places where i can be used by God to make a difference. Hopefully God will provide an opportunity for me to return to mexico, with Paul and introduce him to this part of my life that is so important to me.

5 comments:

  1. just got a txt from breydi, the gorgeous girl with her mom! Wow talk about nostalgia and missing people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In His time, as long as you are both willing, He will use you. And hey, people on cruises need the Lord too so preach up a storm!!!! The best thing about following the Lord is that we just have to be willing to follow Him and He will lead us as we go along! Love you and blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we will go to mexico babe. as soon as the time allows us too! :)

    ReplyDelete